Two positions available.
Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Central London (EC3A), UK (International travel may be required)
We are looking for a self-driven and ambitious senior backend engineer specialised in e-commerce who will help us building and maintaining our e-commerce related solutions, existing and future (PIM, database architecture, etc.). You will have a strong proven experience in building e-commerce platforms in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity. You care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure and designing databases for the long term, with a track record of delivering solutions which support your team and product.
Reporting to the Lead Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture and implementation across our platform development and data pipelines. You’ll take responsibility for quality and standards in our back-end coding, and have a key role in ensuring we maintain high information security standards across the board.
You’ll be heavily product-oriented and expected to iterate quickly in this startup role. You will have to balance that with keeping a strong eye on maintaining our availability and latency. Continual improvement of our delivery infrastructure and methodology will be a constant background focus for you, improving our time to market and in-market resilience.
A talented communicator, you’ll be looking to continue the growth of your interpersonal skills in a professional setting, and will be responsible for translating complex technical concepts into digestible terms for our internal and external stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with product, backend and design teams through the entire product lifecycle
- Take true ownership of our backend tech stack
- Define, implement and maintain architectural decisions
- Be a driving force in our engineering culture: strong abstraction skills, review code, refine the architecture, code refactoring, units tests, debugging and deliver a quality product
- Provide support, maintenance and improve the existing REST API, in relation with our mobile team for both our B2C and B2B apps
- Participate in the drafting of project’s technical documentation
- Ensure timely delivery of projects
- Passion to grasp and experiment with new technologies
- Computer Science or other STEM degree
- n-depth knowledge of e-commerce retail and in designing related database models.
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Experienced in designing and developing REST APIs
- Strong ability to work in a startup and agile environment
- Independent and collaborative individual capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Understand best practice and constraints in relation to mobile environments
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong attention to details, critical-thinker and problem-solver
BONUS POINTS FOR(BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Experience with Docker and containerisation aspects
- Understanding of micro services & SOA architectures
- Experience with NodeJS, Angular/React/Vue
We’d love to hear from you…
If this role sounds exciting and you believe you would be a good fit for Inflyter, please do get in touch. At Inflyter we believe that your potential is just as important as your previous experience and so even if you are missing a few of the requirements, we would still welcome your application. Apply by sending us a message and your CV.
Thanks for your interest in Inflyter and we look forward to chatting with you soon.