Contract: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Central London (EC3A), UK (International travel may be required)
We are looking for a self-driven and ambitious experienced DevOps engineer who will help us design, build and scale production services in AWS for the Inflyter platform and associated services. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for supporting the engineering teams by providing and integrating both existing and new cloud infrastructures.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment, great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and is not afraid of solving challenges. You will have experience building complex architectures in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity and care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of a quality product is essential.
You’ll be heavily product-oriented and expected to iterate quickly in this startup role. You will have to balance that with keeping a strong eye on maintaining our availability and latency, and improving our time to market and in-market resilience. A talented communicator, you’ll be looking to continue the growth of your interpersonal skills in a professional setting, and will be responsible for translating complex technical concepts into digestible terms for our internal and external stakeholders.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with our engineering teams to understand their product requirements and how they build/test/deploy their software applications.
- Build high-quality DevOps processes to support development teams.
- Ensuring operational availability and security of the infrastructure and technical stack through monitoring, observability, and following best practices.
- Define, implement and maintain architectural decisions.
- Document automation processes.
- Create and document disaster recovery plans.
- Identify and correct any single points of failure.
- Be a driving force in our engineering culture: strong abstraction skills, refine the architecture, refactoring, debugging and deliver a quality product.
- Participate in the drafting of project’s technical documentation and collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Ensure timely delivery of projects
- Computer Science or other STEM degree
- 3+ years of proven experience in a DevOps role, creating and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS, especially RDS, S3, EC2, ECR, Beanstalk, Route53, SNS
- Working knowledge of microservices application architecture
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines and using tools like Jenkins
- Strong ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced startup and agile environment.
- Independent and collaborative individual capable of working independently or as part of a team.
- Understand best practice and constraints in relation to seb & mobile environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong attention to details, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Passion to grasp and experiment with new technologies
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
BONUS POINTS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
- Interest/experience in electronics
- Interest/experience for travel and e-commerce industries
- You get to choose your equipment.
- Cycle to Work Scheme: obtain bicycle and safety equipment saving income tax and national insurance.
- Priority Pass: whether you fly locally, internationally, for business or pleasure, all permanent employees receive a top-tier Prestige Membership. This provides you with free and unlimited visits to all the lounges in the Priority Pass program.
- Lounge Pass: you, your family & friends can receive a discount of 20% with Lounge Pass.
- Discounted gym membership
- And more..!
We’d love to hear from you…
If this role sounds exciting and you believe you would be a good fit for Inflyter, please do get in touch. At Inflyter we believe that your potential is just as important as your previous experience and so even if you are missing a few of the requirements, we would still welcome your application. Apply by sending us a message and your CV.
Thanks for your interest in Inflyter and we look forward to chatting with you soon.