We are looking for a self-driven and ambitious experienced native Android/Java developer who will help us build the user-facing side of Inflyter platform. Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of our native Android app/embedded Java apps and their integration with back-end services, as well as bringing new technologies in the pipeline.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment, great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and is not afraid of solving challenges. You will have experience building complex apps in a modular fashion with elegance and simplicity and care deeply about building rock-solid infrastructure for the long term. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of a quality product is essential.
You’ll be heavily product-oriented and expected to iterate quickly in this startup role. You will have to balance that with keeping a strong eye on maintaining our availability and latency, and improving our time to market and in-market resilience. A talented communicator, you’ll be looking to continue the growth of your interpersonal skills in a professional setting, and will be responsible for translating complex technical concepts into digestible terms for our internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with product, backend and design teams through the entire product lifecycle
- Take true ownership of our Java / Android development, staying true to our company’s core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix
- Implement third party SDKs to control a variety of tools: scanners, printers, lockers doors, etc.
- Tweak Windows and Android environments to fit our needs.
- Define, implement and maintain architectural decisions
- Be a driving force in our engineering culture: strong abstraction skills, review code, refine the architecture, code refactoring, units tests, debugging and deliver a quality product
- Participate in the drafting of project’s technical documentation and collaborate with cross functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Ensure timely delivery of projects
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer Science or other STEM degree
- 5+ years of proven experience in Java / native Android app development, maintaining and releasing commercial apps in Google Play Store
- Demonstrated ability to develop complex UI, interactions and transitions, as well as supporting business logic
- In-depth knowledge of OOP, Android framework, Windows (for our embedded systems) and versioning tools
- Working experience with integrating and using REST APIs, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Strong ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced startup and agile environment
- Independent and collaborative individual capable of working independently or as part of a team
- Understand best practice and constraints in relation to mobile environments
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong attention to details, critical-thinker and problem-solver
- Passion to grasp and experiment with new technologies
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Interest/experience in electronics
- Interest/experience for travel and e-commerce industries
Job posted: 14/12/20
We’d love to hear from you…
If this role sounds exciting and you believe you would be a good fit for Inflyter, please do get in touch. At Inflyter we believe that your potential is just as important as your previous experience and so even if you are missing a few of the requirements, we would still welcome your application. Apply by sending us a message and your CV.
Thanks for your interest in Inflyter and we look forward to chatting with you soon.